7.26.2008

MY TURN

Well, it is about a 10:15 Sat. night and we are ending month number two together. Well, things are good, and, yes, the house no longer looks like a single football coach's house. It actually looks like home. Gone from the living room are my "Legends of the NFL" poster and pictures and posters of my past; up are picture of my future. Gone is the 19-inch TV; up is the 40+-inch big flat screen. Gone is the one channel; we now have 100s including the NFL network in HD. It might be the death of me.

Trace has been amazing and very patient in the re-education of Nick. I am learning slowly, but it is coming. To have someone to come home to-- to have a reason to get out of the office -- has been better than I imagined. I am still a workaholic, but a lot of work seems to be happening at home to at the very least be near her.

We made our first trip out of Kansas to OKC to see the Jensens last week for Hannah's birthday. We stopped to see the Memorial in OKC. If you have the opportunity, I encourage you to see it. We stopped by POPS, which I think will be a regular stop for us.

I still have not gotten used to waking up and seeing these two eys staring at me. Yes, Pico enjoys climbing up and cuddling with me. Trace usually gives her typical Trace laugh. Ludy and I enjoy our occasional fight. It is nice that they are declawed; otherwise, we would have issues.

If you have not seen the TV show "Greatest American Dog," I encourage you to see it. After seeing it we have decided that an English bulldog is in our future; Tillman is a stud.

On the church side, we still have not found a home. We attended the home church for Kansas Wesleyan, the sworn enemy of Bethany College. We will be attending another church here in town tommorrow. We will see.

I don't know how often I will write, but, if you are curious about the re-education of Nick, please feel free to ask.

No comments: